With declining enrollments and tight budgets, it’s more important than ever before for today’s community and technical colleges to re-evaluate their brands (or lack of one) and determine if it’s time to start from scratch or do a refresh -- all with the college’s president as the brand leader.
Rebranding your college is not just about a logo or tagline. Your brand represents a promise to students and stakeholders. It tells them what to expect every time they interact with staff, faculty and others on campus and in the classroom.
Developing and sustaining your college’s brand takes a concerted effort on the part of the marketing team and the president. Whether recruiting new students, talking to current students, relaying important messages to business and legislative leaders, or reaching out to other constituencies, your brand messaging must be strategic, clear and consistent. Your website, promotional materials, outreach, social media, marketing initiatives, recruitment efforts, admissions and student services -- all should speak in harmony, telling your college’s story in a single, cohesive voice.
NCMPR’s Summer Institute 2018, for marketing managers and presidents, is all about taking a strategic approach to rebranding, starting with research to determine current perceptions, going through the creative process, and ending with a successful rollout.
Specific topics in this one-and-a-half-day workshop include:
* Branding trends in higher education.
* When to consider a rebrand.
* Institutional branding vs. athletics branding.
* Budgeting for a rebrand (without breaking the bank).
* The all-important role of the president (forming a rebranding coalition; defining the decision-making process).
* Choosing an agency.
* The rebranding process (scope of work; getting everyone on board; data gathering; creative).
* Rolling out a new brand.
* Pitfalls to avoid.
* Sustaining and marketing the new brand in the future.
Communicators are encouraged to bring their presidents for this informative and interactive workshop.
Come as a team and get a discount on the registration fee!