Session Strands for Workshops:
•Equity Education •Bridging the Achievement Gap
•Advocates for All
•Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening: The Common Core Standards and Beyond
ACE2018 is the American Council on Education’s 100th Annual Meeting. It is the country’s most distinguished higher education event, attracting nearly 2,000 presidents and senior executives from all institutional types. Join us March 10-13 in Washington, DC, to network with top leaders across all higher education sectors, generate fresh perspectives to see around the corner for the future of your campus, and inspire bold solutions for your campus’s challenges.
We invite all attendees to share in this special annual meeting as ACE celebrates 100 years of leadership and advocacy. There will be special programming to commemorate the occasion, including an expanded opening reception open to everyone. fresh perspectives for practical solutions on campus, network with top leaders across all higher education sectors, and bring data-driven insights back to campus.
With the inclusion of physical education into ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act), we must seize the day to show our importance to educating the whole child!
Come to CAHPERD for professional networking, all levels of physical education expertise, advocacy and legislation updates.
We have speakers from all levels:
- Dianne Wilson-Graham: Executive Director of the Physical Education and Health Subject Matter Project, Past President of CAHPERD
- John Kruse (Middle School), Jennifer Mettler (Middle School), and Matthew Bassett (Elementary School): Physical Education teachers of the year
- Dr. Steven Loy: CSU Northridge 3WINS Fitness
- Keith Johannes: Legislative Committee Chair
- Chad Fenwick: Past President of CAHPERD, Physical Education Advocate
- Dave Matuszak: Western Pairs Dancing